Castle Peak 100k Driving Directions!
All directions are from Interstate 80, Donner Pass Road, Exit 184, Truckee, CA 96161
Donner Memorial State Park / Morning Shuttle to Start / Finish Line:
Cold Stream Rd is located BEHIND the main entrance to Donner Memorial State Park. The morning shuttle to the start will run continuously leaving from the Truckee Donner Lodge at 10527 Cold Stream Rd., Truckee, CA, which is easy walking distance from Donner Memorial State Park.
- Exit Interstate 80 at Donner Pass Road, Exit 184.
- Proceed through the four-way stop onto Cold Stream Rd
- Pass our partner hotel Truckee Donner Lodge on your right and continue on the paved road
- Park where the pavement ends, continue into Donner Memorial State Park on foot (FREE)
Donner Memorial State Park / Camping:
If you are camping in the park, use this main entrance.
- Exit Interstate 80 at Donner Pass Road, Exit 184
- Turn right at at 4-way stop onto Donner Pass Rd
- The main Donner Memorial State Park is on the left
- One car per campsite is admitted for free. Day use and additional cars pay a fee. The annual “Poppy Pass” is valid at Donner Memorial State Park.
To Start at Prosser Hill OHV (about 10 minutes from Donner Memorial State Park)
There is limited parking at the start. Please consider the free shuttle (see above).
- Take I-80 East toward Reno for 3 miles
- Use the middle lane to take exit 188B for CA-89/CA-267 toward Sierraville/Lake Tahoe
- Turn left onto CA-267 W/CA-89 N Follow the signs through the roundabouts to stay on CA
- 89 North The Prosser Hill OHV Staging area is 4 miles north of I-80 on the left
To Johnson Canyon / Mile 21 (about 7 minutes from Donner Memorial State Park)
- Take I-80 West toward Sacramento for 3.5 miles
- Take exit 180 for Donner Lake
- Turn right at the bottom of the ramp onto Billy Mack Rd
- The trailhead and aid station will be directly ahead
To Van Norden / Mile 44 (about 20 minutes from Donner Memorial State Park)
Safety runners will sign waivers and pick up their bibs at Van Norden
- Take I-80 West toward Sacramento for 10 miles
- Take exit 174 for Soda Springs/Norden
- Be careful with our runners on the road!
- Turn left at the top of the ramp onto Donner Pass Rd for less than a mile
- At the blinking light, turn right at Soda Springs Rd
- Parking and the aid station are in the Royal Gorge parking lot, left just after the train tracks
IMPORTANT NOTE regarding Cold Stream Canyon:
This year there will be no spectator or pacer access to the course in Cold Stream Canyon. Spectators and all volunteers are encouraged to bring their energy to especially to Van Norden and the finish line.