2020 registration is Open! See below for questions regarding COVID-19 questions you may have.
Immediate questions you may have:
- What if the race is canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak? We will notify all registered runners no later than June 22 (60 days out from race day).
- Will you offer a refund?– If we have to cancel then we will provide a 100% roll over for all runners registered (excluding shuttles) OR we will offer a 50% refund (excluding shuttles) to those that would prefer that.
- How will aid stations operate this year? – Very carefully. We’re still working out all the logistics. Things to expect, sanitizing before coming into aid stations, not being able to touch anything on the tables. All food items to be handed to you with tongs, water bottles to be filled by volunteers, more drop bag options. As the details get worked out I will add more info.
- If you have any additional questions at this time please dont hesitate to contact Peter Fain (RD) at email@example.com
Qualifying race can happen at any point before August 1st of the race year.
A Qualifying race consists of any 100km or 100 mile race within 16 months of Castle Peak OR a 50 mile race with a minimum of 7,000 feet of vertical gain.
Registering for the 2020 Castle Peak 100k prior to completing a qualifying race, requires the following:
- List the anticipated qualifying race when registering for the Castle Peak 100k on Ultrasignup.
- List the anticipated qualifying race’s date.
- Provide a link to the anticipated qualifying race results page when registering. If no results page is available at the time, please provide the link to the main race page.
- Upon completing the anticipated qualifying race, send an email to Race Director Peter Fain (firstname.lastname@example.org)confirming your completion, and the results link.
If you register for the 2020 Castle Peak 100k prior to completing a qualifying race, and subsequently fail to complete the anticipated qualifying race, you forfeit your Castle Peak 100k entry spot and registration fee.
Donner Party Mountain Runners enjoy a 15% registration discount. Click here to join today!
If you have registration, qualification, or general race questions, please email Peter Fain at: Peter@RunOnDirtCoaching.com
Heads up for registration :: We need your belt size in inches (even numbers) so that we can craft your finisher’s belt. Method 1: Use your pants waist size plus 1 inch. Method 2: Measure a belt you currently wear. Measure from where the buckle attaches to the belt (leather wraps around the buckle) to the hole you are currently using.
- Until March 31, 2020: $195
- April 1: $235
- Camping at the finish line at Sugar Bowl (tent or RV with no hookup): $10 for two nights
- Race morning shuttle from Sugar Bowl (finish) to race start: $15
- Until May 31, 2020: We will offer a 75% credit for the 2021 Castle Peak 100k. All 2021 qualification standards and registration policies will apply.
- June 1 – 30, 2020: We will offer a 50% credit for the 2021 Castle Peak 100k. All 2021 qualification standards and registration policies will apply.
- After July 1, 2020: No credits or rollovers will be offered.
- Registration is non-transferable. Each runner must run with a bib assigned to their name.
- If we must cancel the event due to natural disaster (forest fire, blizzard, etc), we will roll your registration to the following year.