The Donner Party Mountain Mountain Runners are pleased to present a series of Castle Peak 100k training runs. These runs will offer a first-hand preview of most sections of the course and provide a great opportunity for training at race altitude.
Space in each run is limited to respect trailhead parking and minimize local impact. Pre-registration is free but required ~ registration is now open to Castle Peak 100k runners. Any remaining spots will then become available to Donner Party Mountain Runners members starting Friday, July 1, 2016.
A special training weekend is scheduled for July 30-31, with back-to-back runs and a preview evening Saturday, July 30, at 5:30pm. This slideshow will be held at our exclusive retail partner, Tahoe Mountain Sports, in Truckee, California, so plan to attend and do a little shopping, too.
Castle Peak 100k Preview Run Schedule (click for registration):
- Sunday, July 3, 2016: Prosser OHV Start to Moondance (loop)
- Sunday, July 24: Castle Peak 100k & Sierra Crest 30k/50k Joint Preview :: Tahoe Donner (loop)
- Saturday, July 30: Johnson Canyon (a.k.a. Negro Canyon or Wendin Way) to Hole in the Ground (one-way_
- Saturday, July 30, 5:30pm: Course preview slideshow at Tahoe Mountain Sports (no pre-reg required)
- Sunday, July 31: Van Norden, Royal Gorge (loop)
- Saturday, August 6: Race opportunity Sierra Crest 30k and 50k Ultra Runs by Auburn Ski Clib
- Sunday, August 21: Palisades to Finish (one way)